* IMPORTANT NOTICE (05.07.2016)
Eid-ul-Fitar will be celebrated on 7 July 2016 in India. Thus, as per the orders received from KVS RO Chandigarh, the holiday on account of Eid-ul-Fitar has been shifted to 07.07.2016 (Thursday).
As a result, 6 July 2016 (Wednesday) will be working day. The Vidyalaya will remain functional on 06.07.2016 as usual.
However, the Vidyalaya will remain closed on 7 July 2016 (Thursday) on account of Eid-ul-Fitar.
* Ms. T. Rukmani, Assistant Commissioner, KVS Regional Office, Chandigarh visited the Vidyalaya on 22 June 2016.
* 2nd International Yoga Day was celebrated in KV No.1, AFS Halwara on 21.06.2016 to bring peace, harmony, happiness and success to every soul. This was a great opportunity to imbibe the value of discipline among the students of the Vidyalaya and members of the staff. Dr. (Mrs) Sudha Sharma, Principal stressed that Yoga is a mental, physical, and spiritual practice that needs to be carried every day. She further stressed that Yoga is an invaluable gift of India’s ancient tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfilment; harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness with yourself, the world and the nature. By changing our lifestyle and creating consciousness, it can help us deal with climate change.
The students of KV No.1, AFS Halwara with members of the staff performed yoga between 7.30 AM to 9.00 AM on 21.06.2016. The objectives of celebrations of 2nd International Yoga Day in the Vidyalaya was to let students know the amazing and natural benefits of Yoga, to connect everyone to the nature by practicing Yoga, to protect unhealthy practices and promote and respect the good practices to make health better. Different yoga postures (Aasanas) were performed.
* It is a pround moment that 18 students of KV No.1, AFS Halwara got 10 CGPA in Class X Exams conducted by CBSE (March 2016)
* The Vidyalaya is scheduled to celebrate its Annual Day on 6 May 2016 in the Vidyalaya premises.
* The Result of EIOP (Class IX) and Supplementary Examination of Class XI was declared on 30.04.2016.
* Parent Teacher Meeting for Class XII (Science, Commerce and Humanities) is being conducted in the Vidyalaya today i.e. 29.04.2016. The parents were sent written cicrcular to ensure their presence to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of their wards.
* World Malaria Day was celebrated in the Vidyalaya on 25.04.2016. A lecture titled “Invest in the future: Defeat Malaria” was given by Mrs. Lakhbeer Kaur, Nurse in the morning assembly. She extensively covered the history, life cycle, sign-symptoms and treatment of Malaria.
Bridge Course for Class XI
With reference to minutes of First Academic Advisory Committee Meeting for the year 2016-17, it was decided by the committee that a bridge course for class XI should be started. The bridge course will start from 15th April 2016 to 12th May 2016 at usual school timings.
The Pre-test and Post-test should also be conducted for the students to check the achievement level.
* New session started w.e.f. 01-04.2016.
* Result of classes I to IX and XI will be declared on 28.03.2016.
* Air Cmde Praveen Keshav Vohra, Chairman, VMC visited the VIdyalaya on 10.03.2016 along with worthy Lt General JS Cheema, VSM, Indian Army. It was indeed a proud moment for staff and students of the Vidyalaya as his visit inspired the entire team of KV No.1, Halwara